National and international laws against money laundering and terrorism financing designate different financial and non-financial organizations to meet legal requirements to combat these crimes.
Lawyers are considered one of these group but are only required to conduct compliance activities for specific legal services that they provide.
This training will guide you as a legal profession how to best comply with the legal requirements as set forth in the AML/CFT State Ordinance and its relevant guidance notes.
The training will focus on the following topics:
- Applicable legislation and Guidelines notes
- Legal services subject to the AML/CFT obligations. Are the definitions of the AML/CFT State Ordinance clear? Is the scope of the law clear to you as a legal profession?
- Which risks should be assessed (Business Risk Assessment)?
- What is the content of your internal policies and forms that relate to AML/CFT?
Customer Due Diligence (CDD):
- What is considered as the moment of acceptance/initiation of the business relationship with a client?
- When and how to conduct CDD?
- When and how to conduct Enhanced Due Diligence
- How do you assess your clients against the applicable sanction lists?
- How do you assess if your client is a possible PEP?
- What are the required documents to ensure that you know your client?
- How do you conduct a risk assessment (-rating) when accepting a new client?
- Monitoring: When and how?
- When and how to report a conducted and intended unusual transaction?
- What records need to be kept?
- What is the content of your client file?
- Practical cases
- Lawyers & Law firm personnel
- Compliance Officers & Reporting Officers
- Based in the Caribbean
You will learn about assessing and mitigating risks, customer due diligence and file reviews. Through practical examples, we aim to illustrate the process of fulfilling compliance requirements for the legal profession.
There are no requirements for participation.
Duration of the training
The duration of the training is 4 hours and will be conducted in Dutch/English/Papiamentu, depending on the participants.
The training is available both online (via Zoom) and classroom (in our training room at the Werfstraat 6, Curacao).
Price: ANG 445 incl. taxes
Costs includes: Training sheets and Certificate of participation.