Compliance Services Caribbean helps you to reach your goal to achieve the Anti Money Laundering certification, known as CAMS – Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
Join us from any of the Caribbean islands; the language of the meetings depends on who is attending. We offer high quality audio/visual via Zoom or you are welcome to join in our training room at the Werfstraat in Scharloo, Curacao.
CAMS is originally intended for self-study, but many of us have trouble to study by ourselves and to go through the curriculum all by ourselves, especially because many of us work and are trying to study for CAMS in our free time.
The study group provided by Compliance Services Caribbean is a tool intended to support students, who go through the curriculum by themselves and come with their questions or concerns during the study group meetings to discuss them.
In order to help the students to achieve the CAMS certification by properly preparing for the exam, we organize 6 meetings (via both Zoom and Classroom) in which the various chapters of the study material are discussed. The participants will be studying a chapter of the curriculum every two weeks.
Test questions will be available online after each class, as well as final test exams. These in order to test your knowledge and to prepare you for the actual exam. In this way we support the students and work jointly with the goal of successful completion of the ACAMS exam.
Our last ACAMS studygroup (2020) consisted of students from Curacao, Surinam and St. Maarten. The success rate is close to 100%!
- Risks and methods of money laundering
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) Recommendations
- Basel Committee’s Report on Customer Due Diligence
- Wolfsberg Group Principles
- The main elements of an anti-money laundering program
- The provision and support of a money-laundering investigation
Professionals who want to recognize money laundering and terrorist financing practices in their daily activities (risks).
After earning the CAMS certification you will be able to:
- Recognize risks and methods of money laundering and terrorism financing
- To act and to promote customers / colleagues to act in accordance with national and international norms and standards of anti-money laundering and combating terrorism financing
- To establish a compliance program focused on anti-money laundering and combating terrorism financing
- Support an investigation and the reporting of money laundering and terrorism financing.
Minimum associates degree with work experience in a recent full-time job related to combating money laundering or a related position within the financial industry.
6 meetings of 2 hours.
- Guidence Compliance Services Caribbean: ANG 1.315,= excl taxes, for the guidance of the study Group; and
- CAMS Certification package: USD 1,700.00, which includes study materials, exam fee and a one year ACAMS membership (regular price: USD 1,990.00).
For those working within the government: the ACAMS price is USD 1,355.00 (regular price USD 1,490.00)
Date, time and location
The meetings will be held at the training center of Compliance Services Caribbean located at Werfstraat 6 (Parking at the Villa Maria parking lot).
|CAMS Training Curacao 2021||Zoom & Classroom|
|Day||Date||Time (2 hours per session)|
|Tuesday||14-09-2021||17:00 – 19:00|
|Tuesday||28-09-2021||17:00 – 19:00|
|Tuesday||12-10-2021||17:00 – 19:00|
|Tuesday||26-10-2021||17:00 – 19:00|
|Tuesday||09-11-2021||17:00 – 19:00|
|Tuesday||23-11-2021||17:00 – 19:00|
|–||EXAM||to be planned|